Live Virtual Discussion
On Sunday, June 14th, 2020, I had the opportunity to host a live virtual discussion with a friend of mine, Jessica Grant-Domond, who is a Community Social Psychology Practitioner.
We titled our conversation, “Social Justice Competency in Mental Health & Wellness + Poetry as Healing for Black Lives.”
As Indian-American and Black women we were prompted to have this honest, vulnerable discussion and create a healing space for other BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of Color). In the second portion of our conversation we collectively engaged in breathwork before Jessica shared some of her poetry.
Some topics we discussed were:
- social-justice-competent therapy
- race-based traumatic stress
- the mind-body connection
- racial battle fatigue (RBF)
- coping skills for chronic stress
- poetry as creative expression
- resources for BIPOC healing
- … and so much more!